Tuesday, February 24, 2009

love is being warm

My birthday was a week or so ago, and one of the gifts that Chris got me was an electric blanket for my side of the bed. I am always cold, and have a space heater under my desk at work and an electric heated jacket for riding on the motorcycle. This winter I've been so cold that I've taken to sleeping in my thick long-sleeve flannel PJ's with another long-sleeve tshirt underneath, which combined with an extra blanket on my side of the bed has been just enough to keep me comfortable.

The electric blanket has changed all of that.

I can now sleep in a single set of PJ's, any of the ones I own, and sleep well and warm through the entire night. I haven't woken up shivering since the blanket, and the only problem left is how to deal with it when Chris is actually sleeping at the same time. He runs hot and doesn't sleep well with the heat of the blanket touching his back where it overlaps his side of the bed a bit. At least for now, this problem only occurs 1-2 days per week so is easily dealt with.

Having a warm bed to go to, and a blanket to keep me warm all night, is like being wrapped in love. My husband loves me enough to keep me warm when I'm asleep, despite the disadvantage for him.

1 comment:

Linda said...

that's so precious - I do enjoy your blog!