Thursday, December 5, 2013

two boys, two quilts, ten months apart...

Last night I was working on hand-sewing the binding on the quilt I'm finishing up for my nephew, and Martok decided to curl up against my hip and keep me company.  He soon decided that wasn't close enough, and moved his head to rest against the quilt itself.  There's a reason my quilt labels say "made with love and border collie fur" after all!


This reminded me of a similar photo I took back in February, when I was sewing the binding down on the quilt for my best friend's soon-to-be-born son.  Curzon kept me company while I worked on that one, and this is one of my favorite photos of him from the last months of his life.


He's asleep on the quilt I'm working on, just wanting to be close to me.  So many little details in that photo that are so dear to me now - the little white hairs around his mouth, the crimps in his tail feathers that you can just see hanging off the couch, his soft ears turned down at the tips.  Ah, I miss him so.

I still need to post about our trip to Utah, and probably some of our fun November events - two tournaments and a Thanksgiving weekend house party.  Tonight is the Child's Play Charity Gala, which is a grand time to be had by all in very fancy clothes, despite the bitter cold we currently have in the Seattle area.  It will be chilly, but lots of fun!

No comments: